The BBG Philosophy partners the 12 principles of Permaculture with the 6 principles and 6 steps of Nonviolent Social Change to create an outline for living the best lives we can and creating the healthiest future for our world. We don’t reinvent the wheel. We build connections between cooperating wheels to create smooth-running, interconnected, powerful gears. To this end, we don’t re-write or re-create. We pair and partner to bolster communities, combine goals and strengthen our culture as a whole.
The 12 partnered principles are:
1. Observe and Interact + Gather Information.
2. Catch and Store Energy + Educate Others.
3. Obtain a Yield + Choose Loving Solutions, Not Hateful Ones.
4. Apply Self-Regulation and Accept Feedback + Remain Committed.
5. Use and Value Renewable Resources and Services + Peacefully Negotiate.
6. Produce No Waste + The Entire Universe Embraces and Deserves Justice.
7. Design from Patterns to Details +Take Action Peacefully.
8. Integrate Rather Than Segregate + Defeat Injustice, Not People.
9. Use Small and Slow Solutions + Reconcile.
10. Use and Value Diversity + Seek Friendship and Understanding Among Those Who are Different from You.
11. Use Edges And Value The Marginal + Suffering Can Educate and Transform People and Societies.
12. Creatively Use And Respond To Change +This Is A Way Of Life For Courageous People.